Join our team
Do you have experience in project and event management?
Are you a highly organised professional with a strong problem solving attitude and excellent interpersonal skills?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Project and Membership Officer supporting our policy team in the implementation of ESN’s policy, practice and research programme funded by the European Commission (EC). The Officer will be a key actor in organising a range of meetings, events and projects and promoting the development of a growing Europe-wide membership.
- Planning and organising seminars, workshops, working group meetings and other events. This includes sourcing venues, drafting budgets and monitoring expenditure, coordinating communications and being responsible for logistics.
- Promoting good working relationships with ESN members and other stakeholders
- Developing new membership opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective administration and financial systems to ensure the correct, efficient and smooth delivery of ESN’s policy, practice and research annual work programme.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Project and event management experience with coordination, budget management, and reporting skillsPrior experience of working in a similar position for a European/international organisation from the public sector, private company or civil society
- Ability to multi-task and to manage a varied workload within deadlines
- Interpersonal, team work and intercultural communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with members from all across Europe
- Ability to learn quickly with a ‘can do’ attitude and a problem-solving approach
- Excellent spoken and written English (ESN’s working language) and knowledge of another European language
- An interest in European social affairs
- Willingness to travel
- University degree
- Strong knowledge of Excel & other MS office applications
You should submit a personal statement and a CV in a single PDF file not longer than 3 pages to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday 7th July 2017 5pm (UK time).
The job will be initially based at our office in Brighton and later in Brussels so you must consider whether you are in a position to move to both locations before applying.
For more information on the position, dfeadlines and on how to apply, please download the application pack.
The European Social Network (ESN) is committed to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or trade union membership status or any other protected characteristic provided for under the Equality Act 2010 (UK).