Join our team
Chief Excutive of ESN
The Chief Executive is accountable to the Board of Trustees for the management and development of the European Social Network, its Sercretariat and activities.
The post will be based in Brussels from early 2018. The Secretariat is currently in Brighton, UK.
- Promoting ESN as the leading knowledge exchange forum for public social services in Europe.
- Upholding the integrity and reputation of ESN towards its members and other stakeholders in partnership with the Board of Trustees.
- Ensuring all necessary legal compliance, risk appraisal and reporting.
- Ensure strong financial management.
- Managing the Secretariat team, ensuring the implementation of ESN’s policy, practice and research programme funded by the European Commission (EC) and other programmes and projects.
- Delivering the annual European Social Services Conference.
- Promoting good working relationships with ESN members and other stakeholders.
- Leading the investment in new areas for membership and income development.
- Developing good relationships between ESN and European and other intergovernmental institutions, national and regional governments and other stakeholders.
Person specification (to be read in conjunction with the Job description)
We are looking for someone who has:
- A commitment to the values of social inclusion, social justice and public service.
- Experience of management within a European/international organisation from the public sector, private company or civil society.
- Experience in social policy and an understanding of social services.
- An entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ approach.
- Team leadership with good personnel and intercultural communication skills.
- Experience of negotiating contracts and setting and managing budgets.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with members from across Europe.
- A university degree.
- A willingness to travel and sometimes work unsocial hours.
- Excellent spoken and written English (ESN’s working language).
- Knowledge of at least one other European language.
You should submit a personal statement and a CV in a single PDF file not longer than 3 pages to email@example.com. Candidates should also complete the short assignment.
Applicants wishing to discuss the post may request a call with the ESN Chair, Christian Fillet or Carlos Santos Guerrero, Vice Chair of ESN, via the recruitment email address.
The deadline for applications is Thursday the 7th September with interviews taking place on Monday 25th September in Brussels.
The European Social Network (ESN) is committed to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or trade union membership status or any other protected characteristic provided for under the Equality Act 2010 (UK).