The Catalan Association of Municipalities (ACM) is a membership organisation based in the city of Barcelona, Spain. Its primary focus is providing services and support to its municipalities and to represent their interests. Among their various departments, they have a specific one on social services and welfare.
Areas of Intervention
- Children and young people
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- Personal autonomy
- Advising and supporting local bodies on social issues
- Providing training, advice and legal support for all public employees of local bodies.
- Editing publications related to topics that affect the local administrations.
- Promoting and preparing studies on problems and issues that affect municipalities and counties.
- Representing and defending the interests of the local administrations in front of the different institutions, bodies and working groups.
- Establishing the position of the local administrations in everything that refers to the local sphere
- Analysing issues affecting local level
- Organising conferences and debates