9 April 13:30 - 15:30, European Parliament
In this event we discussed how EU funds support the financing of social services at local level.
It was hosted by MEP Sofia Ribeiro and brought together representatives from the European Parliament, The European Commission, and public social services.
- Sofia Ribeiro, MEP
- Brando Benifei, MEP
- Verónica Lope Fontagné, MEP
- Alfonso Lara Montero, Chief Executive, European Social Network
- Carlos Santos Guerrero, Deputy Director General of Social Services and Economic Management, Regional Government of Galicia (Spain)
- Hanne Denoo, Project Manager, Public Centre for Social Welfare, Kortrijk (Belgium)
- Pavel Čáslava, Ethics Committee Chairman, Association of Social Care Providers (Czech Republic)
Contributing to the 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework
The timing of the event is important, as negotiations are underway for the 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework.
This event was an opportunity to discuss how the future European Social Fund Plus (ESF+) can be used to invest in effective and efficient social services, which can support the social inclusion of vulnerable groups such as children, young people, and people with chronic conditions (including older people).
The Recommendations of Social Services
Social services make use of EU funding to strengthen local practice, foster cooperation between local partners, and test innovative projects.
Examples of some of these projects were presented, with discussions drawing on the experiences of local social services when accessing and managing EU funds, to develop recommendations for the new ESF+.
These recommendations put forward ideas on how the new ESF+ can be designed to better address the priorities of social services, and improve the implementation of the ESF+.
- Key messages 'Improving EU Social Funds: Recommendations from Social Services'
- Full Audio Recording