ESN member, the Department for Social Affairs of the regional government of Catalonia, has implemented a series of measures to address the impact of the Covid-19 crisis.
The regional government of Catalonia, Spain, has recently distributed a report with the main actions implemented by the government to address the consequences of the Covid-19 crisis. The report outlines the main measures implemented by the different regional ministries, including ESN member the Department for Labour, Social Affairs and Families.
Measures implemented by the Department include:
- Accommodation for children and adolescents whose parents are hospitalised or isolated due to Covid-19,
- The provision of meals through cards for more than 20,000 children,
- The inspection of care homes and relocation of residents to more suitable facilities where necessary,
- The provision of PPE and psychological support for social workers,
- Financial support for the self-employed, people over 65, victims of violence and children separated from their families.
You can find out more information in the report, which is accessible here.