The City of Aalst is a Local Public Administration in Belgium that provides social services and is responsible for the management of public nursing homes and day centres for older people, home care services for older people and dependent people, and socio-educational services for children at risk of social exclusion.
The City of Aalst may also provide assistance in cases of energy poverty, offering financial support to vulnerable individuals and families. It also fosters cooperation with non-governmental organisations and the promotion of social volunteering.
Areas of Intervention
- Children at risk of social exclusion
- Older people
- Public Health
- People who are socially vulnerable
- People in situations of difficulty or precarity
- Social Integration
- Beneficiaries of minimum income
- Recipients of care
- Providing social services
- Management of public nursing homes and day centres for the elderly
- Home care services for the elderly and dependent people
- Socio-educational services for children at risk of social exclusion
- Assistance in cases of energy poverty
- Financial support
- Fostering cooperation with non-governmental organisations and the promotion of social volunteering.