The National Council of Social Workers is a national public administration based in Rome, Italy. It's main goal is to monitor and enhance the quality of social workers' professional practice to ensure high quality social services for the citizens.
Main Areas of Work
- Children and young people
- People with disabilities
- Social justice
- Mental health
- People with addictions
- Adults in difficulty or poverty
- Representing professionals in the field of social work
- Promoting the importance of social politics
- Participating in political discourses
- Working towards the acknowledgement of Social Work as a discipline and a profession and especially achieving a professional law
- Promoting networks in the field of social work
- Providing member services
- Identifying and highlighting areas where social work is needed, can be improved upon or standards are not being met.