The Swiss Conference of Welfare Organisations (SKOS), based in Bern, is a professional association of welfare stakeholders. SKOS issues guidelines in social welfare that are used by the Confederation, cantons and municipalities.
Areas of Intervention
- Professionals working in the field of social welfare (social justice, social integration, poverty, beneficiaries of minimum income)
- Developing frameworks based on science on problems of poverty, income security and social and work integration
- Issuing guidelines on the assessment and organisation of social assistance for members.
- Publishing the Journal of Social Welfare (ZESO)
- Taking a position on social policy issues
- Supporting its members with practical services and advice
The Swiss Conference for Social Welfare: Supporting further education to tackle the precarities of a shifting labour market
The Swiss Conference for Social Aid and Welfare (SKOS) is the national professional association for social aid and welfare and is responsible in Switzerland for issuing guidelines, frameworks, and position papers and monitoring social services, amongst other things. As there is no federal legislation on social welfare, the recommendations of SKOS have an important role for the 26 Swiss cantons.