The Swiss Conference of Welfare Organisations (SKOS), based in Bern, is a professional association of welfare stakeholders. SKOS issues guidelines in social welfare that are used by the Confederation, cantons and municipalities.
Areas of Intervention
- Professionals working in the field of social welfare (social justice, social integration, poverty, beneficiaries of minimum income)
- Developing frameworks based on science on problems of poverty, income security and social and work integration
- Issuing guidelines on the assessment and organisation of social assistance for members.
- Publishing the Journal of Social Welfare (ZESO)
- Taking a position on social policy issues
- Supporting its members with practical services and advice