The Association of Icelandic Local Authorities is a membership organisation based in the Icelandic city of Reykjavik. The Association is mainly a forum for cooperation between local authorities in Iceland but also works in European cooperation trough its Brussels office to safeguard the interests of Icelandic local authorities. All local authorities in the country are members of the Association.
Areas of Intervention
- Children at risk of social exclusion
- Older people
- People with addiction
- People with physical disabilities
- People with mental disabilities
- Social justice
- People who are socially vulnerable
- Victims of domestic abuse
- Counteracting and supporting victims of gender-based violence
- Social Integration
- Beneficiaries of minimum income
- Recipients of care
- Maintaining a forum for co-operation between the local authorities
- Implement the association′s policies.
- Defend the interests of the municipalities.
- Provide information on particular aspects of local authorities.
- Publish material concerning local authorities.
- Providing social services
- Promotion of systemic change
- Integration of technological tools and digitalization
- Issuing of guidelines and policies for the municipalities
- Research and development
- Maintaining networks for managers and social workers
- Representing and defending interests of their members