PPS Social Integration, based in Brussels, was established in 2003 to promote the right to social integration of people living in poverty. PPS also prepares, implements, evaluates and monitors the federal social inclusion policy.
Areas of Intervention
- Beneficiaries of a minimum income
- People who are socially vulnerable
The PPS Social Integration has two main competences :
1° the fight against poverty :
- preparation, development, and coordination of Belgian and European policy;
- project and program management;
- examination of applications for subsidies.
2° social integration (minimum income)
- preparation, elaboration and coordination of the policy;
- legal support to and payment of allowances to the PCSWs;
- payment of allowances to third parties;
- monitoring the use of allowances.