The latest programme for the 2023 European Social Services Conference is now online!
Delegates will have the opportunity to attend a varied programme of 5 Plenary Sessions, 18 interactive sessions, 9 Thematic Panel Discussions and 11 quick-fire presentation pitches at the Project Forum. A host of international keynote speakers will discuss the following topical issues related to the conference theme ‘The role of technology in promoting autonomy and inclusion:’
- How Digitalisation can Improve Social Services and the Lives of People Supported by Social Programmes
- Digital Innovation in Public Social Services
- Digital Transformation: Impact on Children & Youth
Registration for the parallel sessions will open at the beginning of March. Delegates will be able to sign up to 3 of the 18 interactive case study and workshop sessions hosted by organisations from across Europe, including Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Spain, and also from the United States.
Delegates will also be invited to register for 2 of the 9 Thematic Panel Discussions on offer as part of the conference programme, such as ‘Data Driven Decision Making,’ ‘Workforce,’ ‘Social Services & Care Transformation,’ or ‘Making the Digital Transition Inclusive,’ our partners The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKR), Deloitte and EY will also be hosting discussions focusing on 'A Professional Journey through IT,’ ‘Activating workforce pathways,’ and ‘Transforming Long-Term Care,’ respectively. Register now to join the conversation!
Newly Confirmed Speakers
Camilla Waltersson Grönvall, Minister for Social Services, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Sweden
Aaron Greenberg, Senior Regional Advisor for Europe and Central Asia – Child Protection, UNICEF
Roko Kursar, First Deputy Mayor, Malmö
- Antero Lehmuskoski, Senior Specialist, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
We are delighted to announce that the 31st ESSC will be taking place in the framework of the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The Swedish Presidency are holding various high-level events throughout the first half of 2023 to highlight key social services policies such as autonomous ageing, strengthening the rights of children and protecting the rights of people with disabilities. In addition, a key priority for the Swedish Presidency is to develop new technologies in the field of artificial intelligence. The ESSC will bring important focus to these issues.
Official Reception Venue
The Official Reception, hosted by the City of Malmö, will take place in the beautiful Malmö Town Hall on 14th June. Delegates will be welcomed by Malmö Mayor Katrin Stjernfeldt Jammeh and ESN’s Chair, Christian Fillet. The Reception will be an opportunity for delegates to experience the generous hospitality of our co-host, The City of Malmö.
Meet our ESSC 2023 Partners
For ESSC 2023, ESN is partnering with public authorities and industry leaders advancing the delivery of social services. We are delighted to announce that our newly confirmed partners are:
- KPMG operates in 143 countries and territories, and in FY22, collectively employed more than 265,000 partners and people, serving the needs of business, governments, public-sector agencies, not-for-profits and through KPMG firms' audit and assurance practices, the capital markets.
- Deloitte brings innovative yet practical solutions to navigate this vastly complex market to protect and provide better outcomes for communities around the world, through programmes to assist with social welfare, unemployment, or family care, in addition to physical and mental health.
- WCC is a leading provider of advanced solutions for Public & Private Employment Services and ID/Security government agencies, and Enterprises. Built on its unique search & match platform, WCC software solutions see 1/2 billion people every day, enabling organizations to seamlessly capture, generate, and analyse big data from multiple sources gaining valuable insights paramount to effective decision-making.
Our institutional partners are SKR, the association for cities and regions, FSS, the association of social services directors and our co-host for the 2023 conference, the City of Malmö. These organisations are leaders in the delivery of social services in Sweden and will share with delegates their experiences and knowledge gained working in the Nordic social services system.
The Innovation Zone and Exhibition Area will provide delegates with the opportunity to learn about the latest developments and innovations in social services digitalisation.
Want to know more?
Visit the conference website for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org