Coming soon! The full programme for the 31st European Social Services Conference (ESSC)! A panel of keynote speakers are already confirmed to speak during the conference plenary sessions. Experts in their respective fields, they will all bring an important perspective on the conference theme ‘The role of technology in promoting autonomy and inclusion.’
Register now to secure your place at the conference!
The 31st edition of the European Social Services Conference will take place in the Clarion Malmö Live, Malmö, Sweden, from 14-16 June 2023. Social services leaders from across Europe will come together to discuss the latest developments in social policy and the increasingly important role of technology in the transformation of social services. The ESSC 2023 will provide a platform for directors from public authorities, third sector organisations, and private companies specialising in digital solutions for social services, to share and exchange knowledge. Register here!
Discover the Programme
During the 3 conference plenary sessions inspiring keynote speakers from around the world will address the important issues of how digitalisation can improve social services and lives for people supported by social programmes, digitalisation and innovation in public social services and the impact of the digital transformation on Children and youth. The latest confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen, EGOV Adviser at the United Nations University, Operating Unit for Policy-Driven Electronic Governance
- Dr Chris Papadopoulos, Principal lecturer in public health and Director of health research, University of Bedfordshire
- Ann-Sofie Mårtensson, Expert Digital Health and Director Connected Society – RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
- Stathis Marinos, Senior IT Consultant, World Bank
- Matthew Bond, Digital Transformation Manager, Achieving for Children
- Sedat Arif, Deputy Mayor responsible for the labour market and social services, Malmö
- Vinay Venkatraman, Founder and CEO of Leapcraft
- Jonas Lutz, Coordinator ‘Digital Streetwork’ Project, Bavarian Youth Council
Conference Contributions Review
The review process for the conference contributions is coming to an end. Over 100 proposals were received from organisations in more than 20 countries across the world. The ESN policy team in conjunction with a panel of external experts have been busy evaluating the submissions over the last few months. The selected proposals will form the basis of the conference programme in the form of interactive sessions, thematic panel discussions and project forum pitches.
Sign up for updates on our new conference website to see how the programme develops!
Gala Dinner Venue
The Social Programme is an important element of the conference that provides delegates an opportunity to connect with one another in a more relaxed setting. The Gala Dinner takes place on the second night of the conference, on 15th June, and will take place in the Slagthuset. This completely unique venue, which was originally built as a slaughterhouse, plays an important role in Malmö’s event life.
Meet our ESSC 2023 Partners
ESN’s partners for ESSC 2023 are public authorities and industry leaders supporting the delivery of social services. ESN is making a special effort to engage with local partners for the conference this year. We are delighted to announce that our newly confirmed partners are:
- Tietoevry is working to modernise the Nordic health and social care sector with modular, open, and interoperable software. Globally they serve thousands of enterprises and public-sector customers in over 90 countries.
- JP Infonet provide support, particularly with legal decisions, to the majority of Sweden’s social services today. It is a Swedish-owned information and knowledge company that provides digital solutions and deep competence, in both information management and law.
Our other local partners are SKR, the association for cities and regions, FSS, the association of social services directors and our co-host for the 2023 conference, the City of Malmö. These organisations are leaders in the delivery of social services in Sweden and will share with the delegates their experiences and knowledge gained working in the advanced Nordic social services system.
The Innovation Zone and Exhibition Area will provide delegates with the opportunity to learn about the latest developments and innovations in social service delivery.
Visit the conference website for more information HERE